Sea Soaring Marine provides one on one boat training courses. These are suited for people who i) have completed the Recreational Skipper’s Ticket and are looking to refresh their skills ii) are intending to enrol in a skippers ticket course iii) are seeking to upgrade their skills as they may have upgraded to a larger vessel. All courses are conducted on your vessel to maximise the benefits for you. Use of GPS/Sounder and other electronics can be included on request. As part of these courses, a detailed safety check is conducted for your vessel with a checklist provided on conclusion.
This course is predominantly practical, with some important theory aspects introduced while on the water. The skills include a review of the 11 tasks from the practical assessment of the Recreational Skipper’s Ticket course.
Intermediate/Advanced Boating Course
This course is designed for the more experienced customer who may have purchased a large vessel and is now looking to be trained in intermediate/advanced skills. Wayne has extensive experience on different vessels, up to 8.5metres in length and is also familiar with many brands of electronic packages including Furuno, Garmin, Navman, Humminbird, Raymarine, Simrad and more. Boating guides, teaching aids and local knowledge of southwest waterways is also provided. This course includes:
- Skills from the RST practical course ( controlled stop, man overboard, coming alongside options, etc ).
- Various launch/retrieval skills including drive on/off
- In close manoeuvring skills, figure eights and 3-5 point turns
- Anchoring options
- Marine radio protocols including log on/off
- Optimal trimming of the vessel at high speed ( may include the use of trim tabs on your vessel )
- Maximising your electronics on request ( Sounder, GPS, on request )
- Navigation at sea techniques
- Techniques for handling following seas
- Vessel towing procedures
- Any special requirements you may request