Welcome to Sea Soaring Marine. My name is Wayne Baddock and I personally deliver and assess all courses. You will find me easy to deal with, relaxed, but also passionate and highly professional.
My motto is “much more than just a skipper’s ticket.” I have trained and assessed over 4000 customers since the introduction of compulsory boat licensing in WA. My unique ability to combine an extensive knowledge base, with a sense of humour and real life stories, ensures all customers are treated to a unique experience that is both educational and fun.
With my marine qualifications, teaching background and 30 years’ of boating experience, I strive to provide the highest quality marine training that enables clients of all learning needs to respond safely and confidently.
I have had a love affair with the ocean all my life and am passionate about everything related to it – boating, fishing, diving, surfing, etc. I am also a keen photographer as you will see by images displayed in my classes. In 2013, my daughter, Lisa, won an incredible trip for two on a Russian icebreaker, to the Sub Antarctic islands. Within days of being on board, I was skippering zodiacs around these remote islands as part of the research expedition to commemorate Douglas Mawson.
Teaching & Recognition
I taught secondary school students for over 30 years and in 2000 established a Marine Vocational Program widely recognised as one of the most unique in the state. In recognition of this course I was awarded the WA Premier’s Teacher of the Year Award in 2005.
Community and Leadership Roles
- Guest Speaking
- Clontarf Academy Customised Indigenous Courses
- Water Safety Coordinator- Augusta Adventure Race, Dunsborough X Adventure Race, Gracetown Bay Swim Event
- Member of Australian Coastal Radio Monitoring Base
- Member of the Margaret River Volunteer Marine Rescue Group since 1997, holding positions of Commander, Treasurer, Secretary, Special Events Coordinator and Training Officer
- Nominated for WA Volunteer of the Year 2015
Marine based qualifications
- Current National Coxswain Skipper- vessels up to 12 metres
- Rescue Water Craft ( Jet Ski ) Operator
- Open Water Scuba Diver
- Marine Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency ( MROCP )
- MROCP ( Marine Radio ) Invigilator with Aust Maritime College, Tasmania
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Diploma of Teaching
- Bachelor of Education Degree
- Certificate IV Workplace Trainer and Assessor