General Course Info
- Authorised RST Provider-NARA Training and Assessing- Registered Training Organisation 4518.
- Comprehensive full day course with all training, assessment and use of a purpose training vessel.
- There is no reason why you cannot achieve this license with the quality training that Sea Soaring Marine provides.
- To ensure personal service and success, the maximum class size is five people.
- Special arrangements can be made for school groups or other organisations requiring private courses – please contact Wayne to discuss your needs.
Course Requirement Info
- Minimum age to hold a WA RST skipper’s license is 14 years.
- It will be beneficial to download the RST Workbook and review the questions at the end of each chapter to be familiar with the theory and practical content.
- Hardcopies of the RST Workbook are now only available for those in remote locations or without internet access. of the RST Workbook –Phone Department of Transport on 1300 863 308 during business hours.
- Download your RST workbook (7th Edition)
THEORY (approx. 3-4 hours)
- Includes customised PowerPoint presentation that summarises the key RST Workbook information, display of marker buoys and safety equipment in the classroom.
- After the comprehensive theory course, an oral revision session is conducted before you attempt the 40 question theory exam.
- In addition to covering the theory content, customers participate in simulated emergency scenarios to develop appropriate responses to real life situations.
- A minimum of 34 out of 40 is required in the theory assessment to progress to the practical.
- The comprehensive theory training session ensures all customers meet this requirement.
- Writing materials, boating guide for your area, stickers for your vessel and resources are provided.
You will need:
- Proof of identification (eg. current driver’s license or passport OR birth certificate & medicare / bankcard)
- Additional paperwork required if under 18 years of age – see below
- Snacks and drinks (for theory class only).
PRACTICAL (approx. 2 hours)
- There are 11 practical tasks to complete and these are described in the back section of the RST Workbook.
- You will be trained and provided with practise opportunities prior to being assessed for the tasks.
- A purpose training vessel, sunscreen, PFD’s and wet weather jackets ( if necessary ) are provided for training and assessment.
You will need:
- enclosed footwear, hat, drink & sunglasses ( polaroids preferable )
Requirements for under 18 years:
- Proof of identification – either Aust driver’s license OR passport OR birth certificate & medicare/bankcard
- Letter of consent – signed by parent/legal guardian
- Eyesight test completed if no current Aust driver’s license or learner’s permit