General Course Info
- Authorised RST Provider-NARA Training and Assessing- Registered Training Organisation 4518.
- Comprehensive full day course with all training, assessment and use of a purpose training vessel.
- There is no reason why you cannot achieve this license with the quality training that Sea Soaring Marine provides.
- To ensure personal service and success, the maximum class size is five people.
- Special arrangements can be made for school groups or other organisations requiring private courses – please contact Wayne to discuss your needs.
Course Requirement Info
- Minimum age to hold a WA RST skipper’s license is 14 years.
- It will be beneficial to download the RST Workbook and review the questions at the end of each chapter to be familiar with the theory and practical content.
- Hardcopies of the RST Workbook are no longer available.
- Download your RST workbook (7th Edition)
THEORY (approx. 3-4 hours)
- Includes customised PowerPoint presentation that summarises the key RST Workbook information, display of marker buoys and safety equipment in the classroom.
- After the comprehensive theory course, an oral revision session is conducted before you attempt the 40 question theory exam.
- In addition to covering the theory content, customers participate in simulated emergency scenarios to develop appropriate responses to real life situations.
- A minimum of 34 out of 40 is required in the theory assessment to progress to the practical.
- The comprehensive theory training session ensures all customers meet this requirement.
- Writing materials, boating guide for your area, stickers for your vessel and resources are provided.
You will need:
- Proof of identification (eg. current driver’s license or passport OR birth certificate & medicare / bankcard)
- Additional paperwork required if under 18 years of age – see below
- Snacks and drinks (for theory class only).
PRACTICAL (approx. 2 hours)
- There are 11 practical tasks to complete and these are described in the back section of the RST Workbook.
- You will be trained and provided with practise opportunities prior to being assessed for the tasks.
- A purpose training vessel, sunscreen, PFD’s and wet weather jackets ( if necessary ) are provided for training and assessment.
You will need:
- enclosed footwear, hat, drink & sunglasses ( polaroids preferable )
Requirements for under 18 years:
- Proof of identification – either Aust driver’s license OR passport OR birth certificate & medicare/bankcard
- Letter of consent – signed by parent/legal guardian
- Eyesight test completed if no current Aust driver’s license or learner’s permit